It is a day unlike no other, the price of chocolate has tripled, red dresses are sold everywhere, sloppy music is playing and restaurants are busy preparing menus for ‘table for two,’ and the best part is ‘I am single!’
Well, it’s not my fault, it’s just that I am picky.
I do not appeal to anyone out for a visual treat. You’ll not catch me in a dress, heels or make up- especially make up! I have no idea what the difference is between a concealer and foundation and why they have to cost more than four books at #BooksFirst.
I’m the one you saw walking with a spring in her steps. The one who has read earphones on and a backpack the size of a suitcase.
Yes, that one in sketchers, black shorts and a red-tshirt…yes, that’s me.
But, the hype around Valentine’s has never been my kind of love, not even when I was in a relationship. It’s a beautiful feeling to be in love and be loved in return, but to spend and demand for so many things on one day, reminds me of a two year old throwing a tantrum in a candy store, we can’t buy all the candy!
My kind of love is:
- Reading a book (in peace) and this would sometimes involve listening to Emeli Sande or Rebecca Ferguson…while sipping some coffee
- Writing, this depends on inspiration, you might be telling me something and I might just reach out for a notebook and start scribbling, or you might turn in bed at night and find that I am seated on the bathroom floor writing something…please do not interrupt me when you find me like this.
- I do not like confrontations and if you love to argue a lot…may the heavens send me a daily dose of tolerance, because I walk away just as fast as I smile.
- Eating chocolate cake. Please, let’s not argue about this!
5. I have some kink in me, and I don’t know if it comes from reading all those BDSM novels but there are many ways to enjoy champagne, cream, and grapes.
6. Getting on the road, simply carrying a change of clothes and getting on a bus or train to an awesome destination.
7. Children, there is something about spending time with toddlers that gets me smiling and when I am off to volunteer at some childrens’ home, please do not interfere.
8. Chapati. We shall not argue about who makes ISO Certified chapatis.
9. Fried chicken, mine’s finger licking fantastic! End of story.
10. I’ll listen and watch a football match with you…I will swoon over the handsome players, before the game, and after, I will wonder who does their laundry…and that’s about it, kindly do not involve me in your #SportPesa predictions, if you lose, you do so on your own, and if you win, you share your spoil with me.
11. Ignore everything and you’ll be in trouble, but allow me some kink and writing time 🙂