I am having one of those days.
They come once a year and suddenly you are showered with love and lots of wishes, I hear people refer to them as birthdays. Well, happy freaking birthday to me!
So, what’s got me into this mood?
- I’m stuck writing the final chapter of Earth! It’s the fifth revision and I am stuck!
- I’m eager to get back on the road.
- For some reason, I just don’t want to believe that people are too busy and cannot write “Happy Birthday,” but simply opt for “HBD”, I mean, it’s the thought that counts right?
Do not judge a book by its cover, let me tell you what I really like about today:
- It’s my birthday!
- I have made it thus far and I’m in good health, plus the exercises I have been doing are paying off, especially that wall-sit!
- Mom’s got dinner planned (just like when we were kids 🙂 and I can finally have chapati made by her!
- Three great friends have bought me books and you know me and books, I’d pick them over any conversation or party!
- It is International Women’s Day meaning that this day is special not only because I was born, but the fact that I was born female and am heading into my womanhood just serves as a reminder of how great life is!
- It is one of my favorite Writer’s birthday too: Mr. Valerio Massimo Manfredi. Love love love him! Have you watched the film, The last legion? It was released in 2007, but forget that film- he wrote that book, The Alexander Trilogy, Tower, and a lot more historic books.
- I get to switch off my phone and read “Vienna Blood” by Frank Tallis as I sip my third cup of tea!
- My throat infection cleared up, well mostly, and I can meet Grumpy for coffee, it’s been a while.
- Roses and Lies- that novella I hinted about (on the right side bar) is coming along great. Release date: Friday 11 March 2016.
- All’s well that ends well.
Like my friend Grace says, you know you are old when the stuff you are grateful for outweighs the stuff that bugs you. Well, I am 99% grateful, but oh, that 1%
is doing a number on me– especially the whole “HBD” thing, really, people, really?
HBD could mean a lot of things:
- Hot black dude
- Hot black dress
- Heavy blue dryer
- Happy big date
- He’s bored dude!
- Harry Bill Dick
- Henry Bob Dylan
- He bought drugs
Seriously, “HBD?” get it off my facebook wall…people, give this Writer a break!